Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thank You and Good Night

At the end of this month, it will be 3 years since I founded this blog and 5 years of blogging in general. I think I can say that Codex Markianus has been a good, rewarding experience. However, after nearly 3 years and nearly 400 posts, I am now ready to move on. This post officially turns this blog into a historical thing (although I do plan to keep in on-line indefinitely).

In this fast-paced age, 3 years is actually quite a long time. To put this into perspective, Codex Markianus is older than Youtube.com, the .eu top-level domain, the Kyoto Treaty, and Suffrage in Kuwait!

I thank you for reading this blog, your helpful comments, and also your encouragement. I'm glad I've had this opportunity.

I do not plan to seize writing completely, nor am I fading away from the net. I'm just stepping out of the blogosphere so to speak. If you want to update your links or keep in touch, the site to use now is http://www.marknenadov.com/. All the best and God bless you all!

6 Comments:

Blogger Darren Jansen said...

For this blog post I will leave a comment on the blog rather than sending you an email like before.(It helps that Blogger is no longer censored in China.)

I'm really saddened to hear that you will stop your blog, but I totally understand your decision. One can get too busy with other things and find that maintaining a blog is too much of a distraction. Further, often it is a better use of a person's time and effort to publish his or her writing on a different medium.

As for my blog, I have all but stopped it, having turned it into a place to post pictures of my baby and to post updates for my family.

I'm excited for what the Lord has for you in your future, Mark. Keep up your work. It is not likely that we will ever meet in person on this earth, but I know I'll be able to catch up with you someday after our time on this earth. I'm sure that there will be some really nice heavenly brews up there that we can enjoy while talking about our Lord. So then I'll hear about all that God has done through you.

Still, we can keep in touch through other means like email and Facebook, so don't be a stranger. Email if you ever need anything.

Take care.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

It's been a pleasure to take interact with your thought, Mark. God bless.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

You're a bum. Keep blogging!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

Thanks for your comments all of you.

Ian, no sorry. I'm done with blogging for a while. So I guess that makes me a non-blogging bum. I'm not discounting the possibility of blogging some time in the future, but not for a while and not under this moniker.

I'm going to let whenever energies were put into my blog find new outlets, new outlets that will perhaps be more creative and less habitual. I've really enjoyed blogging and its been rewarding, but I'm looking forward to what is next. And after what is next runs out of steam, perhaps I'll return to blogging. And if I do return, I'll probably appreciate it more having ceased writing a blog for a while.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

Syme,

Thanks for your encouragement. I'm excited to hear that Blogger is more accessible to China. The optimist in me wants to think that they realized they can't police things like that and recognized liberty as an important thing for the future of their country!

Yeah, we should keep in touch, I think I'll send ya an e-mail soon.

God bless.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

Syme,

Thanks for your encouragement. I'm excited to hear that Blogger is more accessible to China. The optimist in me wants to think that they realized they can't police things like that and recognized liberty as an important thing for the future of their country!

Yeah, we should keep in touch, I think I'll send ya an e-mail soon.

God bless.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home