Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Joy of Foreign Policy

The Washington Post ran an article with a quote by George Bush criticizing the Democrat candidates for meeting with foreign tyrants.

I don't like the typical Democrat or Republican foreign policy, but I find Bush's statement to be curious in light of his history. I guess what he really meant was that politicians shouldn't meet with CUBAN tyrants, as it seems Saudi, Pakistani, and Russian tyrants suit him just fine.

I've merely added some explanatory links, for contextualization of course. Check them out..

Sitting down at the table, having your picture taken with a tyrantlends the status of the office and the status of our country to him,” Bush said yesterday. “He gains a lot from it by saying, ‘Look at me, I’m now recognized by the President of the United States.’”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home