Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back to School

Recently, I've applied to the University of Windsor for part-time studies. My goal is to get a B.A. (Liberal and Professional Studies) which will supplement my previous college training in Information Technology. I'm looking to diversify my knowledge and have a University degree to show for it. At this point in my life, I think I'm up to the challenge.

Thankfully, the University has accepted a transfer of courses from my college diploma, so I already have 3rd semester standing. For the first semester, I'm going to try to get into the following courses:

Economics I - An introduction to microeconomics intended to provide students with the tools necessary to begin to understand and evaluate how resources are allocated in a market economy. Specific topics include how markets function, theories of the business firm, of consumer behaviour and of income distribution. The economic roles of labour unions and government are also covered. The theories are applied to contemporary Canadian economic problems.

Reasoning Skills - An explanation of, and practice in, the basic knowledge, skills and attitudes which are essential components of reasoning well.

Once I'm done with those, I'd like to proceed with various courses in Philosophy, Accounting, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, etc. We shall see how it goes! Post-secondary schooling is certainly good at disposing of money and spare time!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

Awesome man! That's really excited for you. I'm glad you made that step.
I'll be sure to pray.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

Thanks.. I appreciate it!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home