Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Books I'm Currently Resisting

Here are some books I'm itching to check out. However, I'm stalling for now. I have enough books to last me for a while. I don't need more. Or, that is what I try to tell myself :)

The Call : Finding And Fulfilling The Central Purpose Of Your Life by Os Guinness
OS is a terrific author, so I have high hopes for this book.

Hole in Our Soul : The Loss of Beauty and Meaning in American Popular Music by Martha Bayles
Douglas Wilson has been quoting from this book frequently on his blog. Some of what is said there is intruiging, to say the least. I'm curious.

Prisoner of Woodstock by Dallas Taylor
The story of another "orphan of America" (drummer for CSNY) as he went through the darker moments of his generation. Now he helps other musicians recover.

Will it Liberate ? : Questions About Liberation Theology by Michael Novak
Sounds interesting.

God and Man at Yale by William F. Buckley
This sounds interesting historically speaking.

From the Palmer Raids to the Patriot Act : A History of the Fight for Free Speech in America by Chris Finan
Sounds interesting.

Imagine : A Vision For Christians In The Arts by Steve Turner
Been eying this one for a while.

Trading with the Enemy: A Yankee Travels Through Castro's Cuba by Tom Miller
The title says it all.

Radicals for Capitalism: A Freewheeling History of the Modern American Libertarian Movement by Brian Doherty
I'm thinking this may be boring, but probably worth reading.

Her Hand in Marriage by Douglas Wilson
Don't worry.. its just for a friend.

A Serrated Edge: A Brief Defense of Biblical Satire and Trinitarian Skylarking by Douglas Wilson
Had my eyes on this for a long time, and now Ian, you Book Pusher, you've awakened my longings for this volume by mentioning it to me. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Mind Performance Hacks : Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain by Ron Hale-Evans
Those who know me well know I need a whole lot of this.

Of course, that is just a small sampling. Oh, I must resist the temptation to spend :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

hmmm...Me thinks we may have had a little foreshadowing in this post eh?

*grin*

9:51 AM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

So what you mean is, I should expect to enroll and be accepted into Yale some time soon?

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home