Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Quote from R.J. Rushdoony

While I'm not very well-versed with his writings, I think it is safe to say that I disagree with R.J. Rushdoony on a number of things.

However, here is one quote of his. I've come across it in my readings and I think it is pretty well said:

"Power is an inescapable reality; its denial in one area leads to a concentration of all power in another area. When sovereign power is denied to God, it does not disappear; it is merely relocated from eternity to time. When the power of the family is broken, parenthood is then transferred to the state, however ineptly. Atomistic individualism, because it denies all power to the supernatural, and rebels against the family, claims for itself both sovereignty and power. But, because the atomistic individual is anarchistic only with reference to God's law, and family law, his need for a a framework of reference is concentrated on men at large--collective man, the state. The state becomes his 'resonance box,' his stage. Atomistic man calls the totalitarian state into existence as his source of morality, religion, sovereignty, and power."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home