Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thinking Back

This past Sunday I shared my testimony at Grace Baptist Church of Essex.

As a Christian, I found that looking back and writing about God's grace and His working in my life is a really helpful thing. It is so easy to forget where I've been and what has transpired in my life. Not because it isn't remarkable, but simply because our human attention span is so short.

The fast pace of modern life makes it easy to shove aside the past. If we do ever consider it, often it is just with a sort of fuzzy "sentimentalism". The good old days. Those were the days. We set them aside and let them rust. We don't see their relation to the present.

In this day and age, I feel that we need to make a special effort to relate the past to the present. Not just when we are thinking about our testimony, but in many aspects of our life. And not just our past, but our past seen as being a part in the flow of history.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

I wish I could have been there to hear it. Is it recorded?
I'm glad that you've found a home at Grace. You're a great guy and the church is so much the better for you being there.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

Ian,

I'm really thankful to have found Grace Baptist.

I still have quite a while to go on that whole "great guy" thing. But I think Grace is a good place to work on that.

It was recorded, because some people were not able to make it for that evening. I'll see if I can get my hands on it.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home