Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On Reformed Apologist "Homeboy" T-Shirts

You may have seen the "Cornelius Van Til is my Homeboy" or "Gordon H. Clark is my Homeboy" t-shirts.

Upon examining this new trend, I see a great deal of fun and creativity in it. However, of all the people I may conceive as being "homeboyish", Cornelius and Gordon don't necessarily make the grade. They are good apologists, but evidentially (or maybe presuppositionally) they are not the "hip" type.

Whatever criticisms about his method you may have, you must admit that nobody looked quite as transcedental as as Francis Schaeffer.

So, I unveil a new t-shirt design which will rival the aforementioned ones.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

You obviously didn't see the shirt my mom got me for Christmas.
Ask Keith about it. And while you're at it, ask him about his new mug! :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

Oh yeah, and Van Til is spelled wrong: "Van Till".

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

"Say what? Looks like it is spelled right to me. Perhaps you were seeing double momentarily?" Thus I could have pretended that the spelling error never existed. Gotta love technology!

But, alas, web browsers do funny things with image caching, and for all I know you may still be seeing the old version with the allegedly mispelled "Till". At which point the savy and unethical blogger would continue his/her denial, providing this as further evidence of the illusionary nature of your claim.

My next revolutionary t-shirt design will have an arrow pointing upward with the text "I'm on a Pilgrimage With Mr. Can't Spell"

11:50 AM  
Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

You jerk.

;)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

If there was an edit button on your last comment, I'd change the 'jerk' to 'cool guy'

12:14 PM  
Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

Have you seen this?
http://kimriddlebarger.squarespace.com/the-latest-post/2007/1/9/francis-schaeffer-evangelist-pastor-and-apologist.html

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

Yes, I've seen it. It looks pretty interesting! I have that book it mentions, but haven't gotten to reading it yet.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home