Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here, There, and Everywhere

1. For those who haven't heard, I've left the ACC, primarily over two doctrinal issues. I'll dearly miss worshiping regularly with the congregation that has been my home for almost my whole life. I'm seeking to join a local church that has a strong commitment to the gospel and has a strong Biblically sound preaching ministry.

2. Having to leave a church is not easy.

3. Especially the ACC.

4. I'm upgrading from SuSE Linux 10.0 to 10.1. I want to do a clean install, so I've spent a lot of time backing up loads of stuff. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted something I didn't want to, so I am missing some older files :(

5. The weather is great! How is it that in the last couple of weeks I've hardly been able to get outside and enjoy it!? That definately has to change.

6. If you are a pastor and haven't read "Reformed Pastor" by Richard Baxter, do yourself and your congregation a favor and please read it ASAP.

7. Foxmarks is very useful and cool. And now its a company! Its a service which allows you to sync bookmarks remotely in your various installations of Firefox. And beyond that, it gives you a private web interface to access your bookmarks from anywhere and any browser.

8. I need to stop ordering books until I've read more of them.

9. Israel is not joking about marching through Lebanon.

10. Random books from my wishlist:

"The Gospel and the Greeks: Did the New Testament Borrow from Pagan Thought?" by Ronald Nash
"The Bolivian Diary: Authorized Edition" by Che Guevara
"John Owen on Christian Life" by Sinclair B. Ferguson
"1776" by David McCullough
"The Birds Our Teachers" by John Stott
"Letters of Francis A. Schaeffer: Spiritual Reality in the Personal Christian Life" - Lane T. Dennis
"Rats: Observations on the History and Habitat of the City's Most Unwanted Inhabitants" by Robert Sullivan
"Fugitive Game" by Jonathan Littman
"The Savage My Kinsman" by Elizabeth Elliot
"Finished Work of Christ" by Francis Schaeffer

11. I'm rediscovering BibleTime (a KDE client for the SWORD engine). It is actually not as bad as I initially thought it would be. I still feel its not as good as E-Sword (free product for Windows), but I think I'll be using it because Linux is my OS of choice.

12. I'm very ignorant about eschatology.

Well, well. I don't normally post like this. But it did feel good!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home